2020 Hacking & Riding Thread

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Another 15 minutes bareback on Belle this morning, should have been schooling Pony Cob Monday but fell at work and have bruises to shoulder, chin, knees and a left hand that looks like five little sausages on a balloon!
I silver lining though, found out today that Belle is actually really rather good at neck reining :D

Belle - 4 hrs 10 mins
Pony cob - 2 hr 30 mins

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Another 15 minutes bareback on Belle this morning, should have been schooling Pony Cob Monday but fell at work and have bruises to shoulder, chin, knees and a left hand that looks like five little sausages on a balloon!
I silver lining though, found out today that Belle is actually really rather good at neck reining :D

Belle - 4 hrs 10 mins
Pony cob - 2 hr 30 mins
Oh heck vibes for your fall at work. How did that happen?

Reactions: Kite_Rider

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Oh heck vibes for your fall at work. How did that happen?
Thanks Trewsers, it was silly really, I just tripped, lost my balance carrying the swing board in at the end of the day and took a dive. My first thought was OMG I hope no one saw ha ha. :rolleyes:

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
...la la land
@Kite_Rider Well your lucky if youve just got bruises after someone i know fell over a few weeks ago. Hes having a rough time as he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last summer so has had brain surgery and is undergoing extensive chemo. Anyway to top it off he just fell over on a silly fall and smashed his complete hand. Cut it open and broke every finger and thumb. 4 hour op to rebuild his hand. Hes had steel rods in for several weeks which i think they are removing this week.

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
Swing board...????? ARE YOU A TEACHER???

Gosh if its kids they wont have missed a thing and will Tell EVERYONE

When I worked at the DYA on base in Germany.
We took kids to the Pony Hof.

We would go riding the paths between the cornfields etc.

One time we had quite a few and just enough for the kids with saddles.
I was on a rather small one Bareback.
It was a great fun ride for all.
The little monster stopped short put his head right down and I went right down his NECK onto the ground.
The kids thought it was Great...
I was soooo embarrased ....please don't tell anyone when we get back on base.

Ohhhh THEY COULD NOT WAIT TO TELL
EVERYONE...

It took a long time to live that down..

Ohhh kids that had never been interested to go riding now Everyone wanted to go..

Thankfully they never got a REPEAT PERFORMANCE.

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
@Kite_Rider Well your lucky if youve just got bruises after someone i know fell over a few weeks ago. Hes having a rough time as he was diagnosed with a brain tumour last summer so has had brain surgery and is undergoing extensive chemo. Anyway to top it off he just fell over on a silly fall and smashed his complete hand. Cut it open and broke every finger and thumb. 4 hour op to rebuild his hand. Hes had steel rods in for several weeks which i think they are removing this week.
That's awful! Poor guy.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Oh poor chap, what an awful situation for him, so sorry to read that and yes I know I'm very lucky.

horseandgoatmom

Dec 3, 2014
Rhode Island,New england
Sonny unmounted 4.0 hrs

Another really good play session in the arena.
No play today winds will be really bad again. Its a bit if rain and snow out there now but not much.
But on a super note the Saturday nite snowstorm will be less and hopefully turn to rain Sunday am.

In almost wish we would have a coating today to look for tracks.

I looked out yesterday afternoon all the goats were loooking towards side of the house on high alert..
STUPID STUPID ME.
I kind of rushed out the door I should have looked first and gone out slowly.
Right out in the iris bed was a big red fox
That took off.
It seemed big and when I told my husband he said sure it wasn't a coyote.
At the time I was til i looked up photos online and they are reddish too.

I'm still thinking it was really red.
It was really healthy looking nice coat.

I'd be a terrible witness with a quick glimpse of something.

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Went out on our first dry morning all week. Possibly one of our best rides yet. Hogan dragged his feet a bit for the first 5 minutes, then wow! The most forward going he's ever been. No silliness, just trotting on so nicely. I didn't have to do the usual legging him on and wearing myself out! Trotted the entire length of the inclosure, and my, was he comfy! Like sitting on a very comfortable little armchair. Also met a lady with a toddler on a balance bike - zooming in and out of the bushes, (the toddler, not the lady!)and he didn't give them a second glance. Long may this version of Hogan last!