Having to resize photos

newforest

She's not fat, she's too short :-)
Mar 15, 2008
A field
A little niggle.

This site is the only one I need to resize photos everytime in order to upload. Not being on any other forums I don't know if that's the norm?

I am not uploading because of it now as it's so simple with other sites. I have to be in the mood.
I love looking at photos. Sometimes they say more than words.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I get round the re size issue by taking pics off my nokia and sending them to my email. Then here on the ipad it lets me upload onto here without asking for re sizing. Not sure why? I can't take pics off the ipad tho, not if I took the original snap on here. Tis odd. It makes me shrink them. But okay to come right off the phone. Odd.

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
A field
That as well yes hasn't thought of that.
I just emailed photos and its add upload and done. In fairness even that has a file size limit of about five.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
I find it annoying as well. I now have an easy image resizing app on my phone but it still adds an extra layer of effort, plus I end up with two copies of the same photo on my phone, which look identical on the phone, but one is smaller than the other and there doesn't seem to be any easy way of telling which is which on my iphone. I don't know why iphone stores images at such a massive size, or why it doesn't offer it's own resizing facility, that's very annoying too.

domane

Chatterbox
Jul 31, 2005
Yes I too end up with a 2nd photo but on my Android it automatically saves into a resized folder so I can delete them after posting.

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
A field
I have a free app that doesn't need Internet access to work, that's not the issue. It's the fact I need to use it with every photo. The having to resize individually and then upload individually.

@Bodshi I end up with two photos. You can change how your phone stores the photos on mine by altering how the photo is taken initially. But I work with photos and others want the large file size so it's crisp and clear.
The only way I don't need to resize here is if I have got a still off a video instead as it's auto kb size.

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
Given how easy it is to upload to Facebook etc and it resizes for you and you can do 30 at a time I do find it irritating to put photos on here, especially as my phone organises them by resize time rather than time taken so if I have lots to share from a ride they are all out of order by the time I get them here and it takes me yet more time to sort them into story order, it does make uploading pics off putting. Will it be changed in the update you mentioned @Mike?