Least favourite things people say

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
And what about loose dogs in your horses field?!!! Best one ever: loose yapping small dog in the girls field. Owner says: "oooh hope your electric fencing doesn't zap him"o_O:rolleyes:
Me: "yeah it might give him a quick blast":p
They kept him in their garden after that;)

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
I am trying really hard to get my dogs unreactive to other dogs and horses. Oh and I are really trying and working this.

I hate dog poo in bags left anywhere.

I post pictures on our community page when they get out of control. It seem to have worked for a bit.

I also went on my dog walk with a black bag and collected a full back of rubbish

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
And what about loose dogs in your horses field?!!! Best one ever: loose yapping small dog in the girls field. Owner says: "oooh hope your electric fencing doesn't zap him"o_O:rolleyes:
Me: "yeah it might give him a quick blast":p
They kept him in their garden after that;)
There's on Lady who walks our lane daily, when I caught her spaniel chasing the horses, barking and snapping at their heels, running back to her then in for another go I challenged her, apparently it was fine because her dog was just playing with my horses! :mad::mad:

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
There's on Lady who walks our lane daily, when I caught her spaniel chasing the horses, barking and snapping at their heels, running back to her then in for another go I challenged her, apparently it was fine because her dog was just playing with my horses! :mad::mad:
That is just so rude isn't it?!!! How maddening.

Feb 5, 2019
I quite often walk my sheep up the road. It's usually me having kittens as the dogs come charging towards us and the sheep scatter or turn and run back down the road to the farm.
I sometimes walk my Soay lamb Penny! She was born last June and orphaned so even though she lives with my other 2 and Ronnie I'm still her mum :D
My other half is a shepherd and I collect the waifs and strays so I also have a greedy mule x texel called Peewee who used to go for walks but is too opinionated now!

Back on topic I've come across a man walking a little cockapoo or something like that and each time he's let the dog run around Ronnie's legs saying to it "don't be silly, you'll get kicked if you do that!" ermmm how about controlling the dog so it doesn't get kicked rather than treating it like a child lol. Luckily both Ronnie and the dog are fine with each other!
DSC_0851.JPG

DSC_0859.JPG

Last edited:

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
We used to get a lot of army manoeuvres in the forest. One day my friend and I were riding in one of the inclosures, and became aware at the same time our horses did, that there were camouflaged bodies in the undergrowth. Dead stop, with lots of huffing and puffing(horses, not us). My friend called out "Could you stand up and just speak to the horses please, so they know what you are?" There followed an 'I Spartacus' moment. One by one 10-20 soldiers stood up saying "Hello horses" or a variation of that - we thanked them with great dignity, and smothered the giggles til we were out of earshot.
That's hilarious! Kudos to you, I would have been in fits of giggles.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I sometimes walk my Soay lamb Penny! She was born last June and orphaned so even though she lives with my other 2 and Ronnie I'm still her mum :D
My other half is a shepherd and I collect the waifs and strays so I also have a greedy mule x texel called Peewee who used to go for walks but is too opinionated now!

Back on topic I've come across a man walking a little cockapoo or something like that and each time he's let the dog run around Ronnie's legs saying to it "don't be silly, you'll get kicked if you do that!" ermmm how about controlling the dog so it doesn't get kicked rather than treating it like a child lol. Luckily both Ronnie and the dog are fine with each other!
View attachment 96952

View attachment 96954

Omg how cute are they!!!!!! Where is the love button on here - we need one!

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
The words “home for life” have me running for the hills. Mostly spoken by deranged liars.
I am not deranged, nor a liar and I say that, unless there is a major catastrophe in my life, like I die suddenly then she will have a 'home for life' with me.

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
I am not deranged, nor a liar and I say that, unless there is a major catastrophe in my life, like I die suddenly then she will have a 'home for life' with me.
I feel the same about Raf, but I don't think I could have honestly said that when I was out there as a prospective purchaser. I didn't know him then and he might not have been my forever horse. Obviously he is now :) (no-one else would have him anyway with all his various ailments :p )

Frances144

Remember me?
Dec 21, 2011
Shetland, UK
www.thordalephotography.com
From my experience, every time someone says "home for life", the ruddy animal is up for sale almost immediately. I hate it. I really hate seeing my ponies/horses for sale and worse still, random folk feel they are doing my a favour by showing me the sale post, which upsets me further.

It is that phrase. It is over-used by buyers who don't mean it. I would prefer they were truthful and not just lying their way to get one of my beloved animals.

That's just my take on it. It has happened too often to me so I am not having a dig at you and you don't need to justify your horse ownership to me.

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
From my experience, every time someone says "home for life", the ruddy animal is up for sale almost immediately. I hate it. I really hate seeing my ponies/horses for sale and worse still, random folk feel they are doing my a favour by showing me the sale post, which upsets me further.

It is that phrase. It is over-used by buyers who don't mean it. I would prefer they were truthful and not just lying their way to get one of my beloved animals.

That's just my take on it. It has happened too often to me so I am not having a dig at you and you don't need to justify your horse ownership to me.
Didn't take it as a dig Frances, just saying it's something I have said, I didn't say it when I bought her, don't see how anyone can say that about a horse they don't know and I honestly never imagined she would be with me for a long time, it's just turned out that she is perfect for me, she owes me nothing and it's the very least I can do for her, especially now she's getting middle aged.