Nature knew

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
Thinking of you. I don’t know if this will help if not but the weeks leading up to losing chanter I was so ill not sickness just ill I couldn’t sleep or eat and was close to tears every day with s very short temper except around my boys.

Once that awful day passed it was like a weight was lifted I knew I had done the right thing by him and it was like a calm came over me.

Enjoy your time together to do waste it by being down or upset embrace every day.

Thinking or you right now and be brave xxxx

MrC

https://m.facebook.com/MrKiasLife/
Nov 10, 2014
Uk
m.facebook.com
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

@OwnedbyChanter I think the hollowness is a sort of acceptance in a way, I have been feeling ill, lethargic, sleepless nights etc for a long time and I’ve attributed it to my PTSD but now I’m thinking that it might not be and that this may have been affecting me in more ways than I thought.

He is happily rugged up in his field with his mates in this typical Scottish autum wet weather lol manky as per after his hippo like rolling :rolleyes::D

eventerbabe

Dec 16, 2004
I am so sorry to read this. But I also think Kia is incredibly lucky to have you. You are making the best decision for him, not shirking your responsibilities as a good horse owner. I've huge admiration for you making a brave decision. And I've no doubt you'll make the most of the next few weeks. Hugs to you both xxx

Ruskii

Jun 21, 2000
UK
I've only just found this thread, I'm so sorry to read this. It's awful when it happens but I can relate to the feeling that OBC explains so well. after mine was put to sleep I knew it was the right thing to do and there was a weight lifted off me. Having the pony has helped and I think your choice of buying foal is bittersweet but also a way to continue on. Have you thought of a keepsake item at all from Kia?
You'll be in my thoughts for the next few days, be kind to yourself too. The path to follow is your own and no one else's.