New Sweet Itch product???

Henderz

Apr 18, 2008
I recently saw a new spray called Veredus Sanix Lotion, its meant to reduce itchiness and was wondering has anyone tried it on their sweet itch horses and is it any good??? Thanks in advance

lindseyp

Jan 6, 2009
midlands
Hi, i haven't tried the spray but would also be interested to hear if it works. i am considering using one of the feed suppliments you can buy but don't know which one to choose! has anyone tried anything and found it works? i bought a horse last summer with sweet itch and would love to be able to stop the itching for him so far i've only tried anti-histamines on him, but i don't really want him to have to live on those

Henderz

Apr 18, 2008
You need a sweet itch rug like a rambo sweet itch hoodie r the boett is probably the best but its very expensive. I use benzyl benozoate (sp?) from the chemist and avon skin so soft oil spray for fly repellant. So far after 3 years thats what I have found works the best... Good luck with it and if you have any problems or need any help just PM me :)

Samsky

Sam Sam Forever
Jul 24, 2004
Cheshire,UK
Visit site
I actually found that the Rambo Sweet Itch Hoody works just as well as,if not better than the Boett blanket and for over £100 cheaper,you cant complain!

I also use Equine America UK's Itchnomore lotion.

lindseyp

Jan 6, 2009
midlands
thanks for the advise i was wondering which rug to get for next summer as the one i bought last year wasn't much good will try the other stuff too thanks again :)

K.T

Nov 3, 2007
Northampton
I was thinking of buying the boet - i dont like the way the hoody hooks over their ears it looks like it pulls back. I used the Rambo protector last year, that was ok. I used fly pour for cattle which works really well, but is now hard to get hold of.

Samsky

Sam Sam Forever
Jul 24, 2004
Cheshire,UK
Visit site
I was thinking of buying the boet - i dont like the way the hoody hooks over their ears it looks like it pulls back. I used the Rambo protector last year, that was ok. I used fly pour for cattle which works really well, but is now hard to get hold of.
The hoodie is actually better BECAUSE it hooks over their ears.Stops them rubbbing the neck of the Boett back and getting a bald poll.

Shiny Boy

Jan 17, 2009
Westcountry
I used a product called stop it all last year, it was great and stopped him itching, only problem is when its rainy, it washes away quite quickly so you have got to get back out there with the bottle quick!!

The nice thing about this product is its natural, and you get the neat oil, and then dilute it yourself, so you can alter what strength you put on the horse depending on the severity of the sweet itch or how bad the midges are.

http://www.karenruggles.co.uk/stocks.htm#Stop-it-All

I use this as a breakthrough product when my boy gets bad or I dont get his rug on quick enough and would definately recomend the horseware rambo fly rug for sweet itch sufferers. I am not knocking the boett as I know it works well, but I prefer a mesh rug as opposed to a solid material rug, as I like my boy to have the sun on his back and keep his vitamin D up...

God sweet itch is a pain...really enjoying the few months off we get a year - may the strong winds and the cold air continue....so long as it doesnt rain!!!!!!

Shiny Boy

Jan 17, 2009
Westcountry
Forgot to mention feed supplements!!

Spent a small forturne on Naff D itch two years ago, and I dont think it made the slightest bit of difference - to my horse anyway!! It might work for some though - be interested to hear about a feed supplement which does work!!

I am still waiting for them to perfect the vaccine and get us something good with no side effects...

Chip

May 16, 2004
Cornwall
Visit site
With two SI animals, I have tried a lot of things but found the most effective product is Nettex Itch Stop Salve. Combined with a cheap every-day fly sheet, it solved our problems, even on the bad boy.