Please don't throw eggs at me....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I've seen that on an Ipad - you type and there's a lag before the letters appear on the screen. Happened in Facebook and other sites. Connection was good. I think it is an Ipad issue.
I wondered that too, but why just Nr? Never done it until recently. Most odd.

domane

Gracie's mum
Jul 31, 2005
Now I cannot access forums to post! If I click on The Sofa, for example, my screen goes blank and it says "Sorry an unexpected error occurred". Every forum is the same. Been like it for 3 or 4 days now. I can reply but can't post new threads.

Accessing from a Samsung phone on Android.

joosie

lifelong sufferer of restless brain syndrome
Oct 28, 2004
Cornwall
My tablet is still telling me NR is a security threat so I've given up on that one! Working fine on phone and laptop though.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Now I cannot access forums to post! If I click on The Sofa, for example, my screen goes blank and it says "Sorry an unexpected error occurred". Every forum is the same. Been like it for 3 or 4 days now. I can reply but can't post new threads.

Yes I had that today too

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
I am now getting this, I can access a post from an alert but can't go into a forum and get to a thread from there, I am using a desktop

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
I'm not having any issues with access from my android phone, iPad or desktop. Its odd how we all get different things.

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
I can only get into threads via alerts, or what's new, I can get up the list of forums but can't get into any of them if I click on them, so can't create threads or anything myself

Having posted this, I have found if you go to post thread and then select a forum it works whereas before you could click onto the forum/area within the forum and add a thread.

Last edited:

newforest

Tomorrow can change what happens today
Mar 15, 2008
A field
I actually don't like this new layout. If I pop on which isn't often now, it's not easy to read.
Did we need an upgrade?

GaryB

Mar 23, 2015

Me too. I've tried it from my phone (iphone) and a desktop PC - same on both. It haven't been able to get in since Monday :(

newforest

Tomorrow can change what happens today
Mar 15, 2008
A field
If I click on a section it's unexplained error.
You can start threads I think or see the latest if some else manages to.

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I can't open any new posts at all now:eek:
If I disappear from nr you know why:pI just can't open things to read or reply now

chunky monkey

May 2, 2007
...la la land
A one off I'm sure but I noticed this morning on my phone that that pop up box saying we are a friendly bunch, can't remember wording etc. Was giving me some odd grief this morning as I was trying to log in. Can't explain how exactly but when the keyboard came up on my phone box was acting up causing a sort of screen freeze.
It was a nuisance on the phone worse since the upgrade but I'd got use to it since the upgrade, but this morning it was just playing funny out of character.
Couldn't log in at 6 tonight but saw an upgrade message.
Tonight friendly bunch box it's not even coming up when I click log in. So it's a bonus from my point of view. Thumbs up from me if it's gone. Easier to log in.

Mike

May 23, 2000
Herefordshire, UK
www.newrider.com
As an experiment you can try running the default style to see if you like it or it performs better for you. At the bottom left of the footer click on the UI.X(child) button and you'll get the option to select the default style.

1545589472046.png

Let me know if that works better for you.

Reactions: Trewsers

carthorse

Jan 6, 2006
I'm having real problems again. If I click on a notification I can't scroll up or down, if I go in via new posts I have the same problem. I can red it if I look at which board it's on and trace it through there though. I'm also not always being told if there are new posts on a thread.