Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Possibly a silly question, boots and muddy legs?

Discussion in 'Tack & Saddlery' started by Ale, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Ale

Ale Well-Known Member

I'm supposed to be going to a clear round jumping event tomorrow afternoon. My share normally wears front tendon boots and overreach boots to jump.

It's in the afternoon so his legs will be wet and muddy from turnout, and we are hacking there along muddy bridleways.

Should I wash his legs, towel dry then and put boots on? I'm just worried that his legs being damp will make the boots rub and uncomfortable. And any mud we pick up from hacking there will make things even worse.

I won't go if it's going to be an issue, just not sure if I'm missing a really obvious solution...?

2. Jessey

Jessey Well-Known Member

You should be okay to wash, dry and boot, I'd leave them as long as poss to dry but look at cross country horses going through water, it doesn't bother them having boots on wet legs :)

carthorse, Kite_Rider and Ale like this.
  3. Ale

Ale Well-Known Member

Thank-you, I knew I was being silly that's a very good point, I just know how sore my feet get if my socks get wet and rub

Jessey likes this.
  4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. carthorse

carthorse Well-Known Member

If he wears them for a reason then I'd do the best I can & then put them on, I'd be more worried about him not having them on if he needs them. If you took a bag could you take them off & carry them home if you're worried about rubbing?

OwnedbyChanter likes this.
  6. OwnedbyChanter

OwnedbyChanter With out my boys life would be bland

Agree with the others wash dry as best you can then boot remove for hack home if you can.

The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties