Ridden Nelly pics!!!!

coyote

Nelly's Mum.
May 2, 2007
Land of Yellow Bellies
Nelly is officially 4yo as of today (actual b'day is 7th may),so i thought stuff the rain ill ride him,got him all tacked up ,lunged him for all of 5mins,OMG he was a total donkey!!!
Got on and had a toddle around,he knew i hadnt got my whip as he just kept stopping!! :shock:
Errrr anyone notice anything different???? ;)
I got off and my eldest daughter,who took pics,asked if she could have a go too,so i shoved my bp on her and we had a walk round.
Here are some pics.(please dont comment on my cellulite/fat :oops: )

perkypinky

Nov 13, 2007
he looks great (just my 'cup of tea':)) i love your hat - i had a new one for christmas - they had it in baby blue - but i chickened out and boughta 'grown up' black one - wish i hadnt now yours looks so nice:)

Lucyad

Mar 30, 2006
Renfrewshire, Scotland
He is looking great, and I'm glad that you are obviously enjoying him and trusting him (though no harm in wearing a body protector!).

Can I quiz you about the bit? Why are you using it? I am schooling Oscar in a pelham just now (ridden in a french link normally, but he has a tendency to lean on it - breaks are fine). I need to buy a new one (I borrowed a vulcinate and bent it - it must have been faulty as he is light as a feather in it). I was going to go for a straight bar vulcinate again, but I wonder if the french link mouthpiece like you have would translate more into his normal bit. I would ultimately like him to go in his snaffle like he does just now in the pelham, or near enough anyway. I like the loose snaffle rings on yours as well - good for showing - looks like a double! Just wondered why you had chosen it and what you are using it for.

coyote

Nelly's Mum.
May 2, 2007
Land of Yellow Bellies
Nelly is normally in a loose ring french link for eveything,however for showing id like him to be in a double bridle and being so young i didnt want him with 2 bits in his mouth,so i opted for the closest thing to that and his normal bit ,this was a french link ruby pelham,today was the first day he had it in,he was very good for his first go.:D