Dismiss Notice

Hi, we hope you enjoy looking around New Rider. We are a very friendly board so don't feel afraid to ask your questions. Register now, say 'Hello' and join in the conversations.

Top tips for clipping!

Discussion in 'Horse Care' started by HaloHoney, Jan 10, 2018.

1. joosie

joosie horse slave

@Bodshi personally, I wouldn't bother. The cat hairs will be the first to come out when his coat changes!

Bodshi likes this.
  2. newforest

newforest Why have grain, when you can have yummy grain

I don't worry about the summer coat because she only has that for three months before shedding and growing back in ready for winter again.
    The summer coat for us isn't seen until May because she is still shedding then.

3. HaloHoney

HaloHoney Well-Known Member

I was following the lines someone else had clipped. So line placement wasn’t my choice. :) He has such a fluffy coat though! There’s a chunk of fluff on his belly where he’s had Liverpool treatment for sarcoids so I couldn’t get in too close.

4. Advert Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. HaloHoney

HaloHoney Well-Known Member

There he is. He almost fell asleep! Such a good boy. He had half his face off too- but you can’t see it because he was intent on looking at the camera instead :rolleyes:

Couple of bits I’d change, but overall I’m quite happy. It doesn’t look like too much of a “parental scarecut” (that kid in your class at primary school who you could tell their Mum had cut their hair :p).

#24 HaloHoney, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Tir, newforest, Jessey and 1 other person like this.
The FREE site for selling smallholdings, farms and rural properties